Wednesday, August 4, 2010

...this is how we chop the wood, chop the wood, chop the wood...

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. The following is a short description on how one would go about chopping firewood for the campfire:

Step 1: Safety is the most important consideration when chopping firewood. To provide the highest level of safety in undertaking this project there are several things you should always do.

Wear quality eye protection.
Wear long sleeved shirts and long pants made of durable material.
First check your equipment for damage.

Step 2: Pick the right type of log to split. Avoid a piece with a lot of knots or twists. Splitting dry wood is easier than wet wood. Choose a piece that is flat on the bottom so you can hit it squarely. You should also use another sturdy piece as a chopping block for ease.

Step 3: Place the log and space your legs apart. When using an axe, swing forcefully and aim for the middle of the piece. Always follow through, without hesitating as any hesitation might cause the blade to become wedged.

Step 4: When you have channeled your energy and you are ready to go....Swing away!








Step 5: Then pose like a lumberjack!




Any questions?


1 comment:

Mary Sue said...

I freaking love this!

AH! I have been thinking of emailing you for a long time...Between work all through July, being in the middle of nowhere during the first part of August, and then moving into this "closet" of a dorm room, I haven't had much time to email anyone or even blog. When I unpacked my posters, I found the Happy Holidays card you sent me last semester and you can bet I hung it up!

I am so sorry to hear about your mama. It's never easy to lose anyone regardless of how old or sick they are. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers...

Anywho, I am probably going to email your hotmail account here in about 2 minutes.

LOVE AND MISS YOU!