Tuesday, June 2, 2009

...what we've been up to...

Let's see.. what have I been doing the last few weeks....

We went camping with my brother, Darren and his girlfriend, the beautiful Auria. We loaded up our SUV with all the gear needed for 6 people and 1 dog and drove for 2 hours up a mountain only to find out that our favorite campground was completely packed. There must have been some graduation parties or something, because I have never seen so many people camping there. I am not lying when I say, there were about 4 or 5 vehicles PER campsite with people camping on the beach. It was absolutely crazy and definitely not the right atmosphere for young kids. We thought we would have to forget about camping and drive all the way home. But...we decided to drive down some side roads and found this absolutely charming, secluded spot, under a bridge on a little stream. We had it all to ourselves.



We set up camp. This was the first time the kids had their own tent...which meant....Frank and I had our own tent. It was great, our dog, Tuck, stayed with them and I felt comfortable with the setup.



We had a pretty sweet campsite.

And check out our river. The only problem with the river was that as it was our first set of really warm days this season, the river began to rise...and I was just in a flood in WV, so I was a little nervous. But it was fine. It was a really pretty river and the sound of rushing water blocked out the sounds of partying from the nearby campsite.



Darren tried his hand at fishing, and he caught this tiny little thing about 10 minutes into it, so he let it go....the only thing was...he never caught anything else, the rest of the weekend. Should have kept that fish, I guess.



So...the only drawback to our campsite...no outhouses...but Auria and I took care of it. We started digging, and then I found this handy chair frame, and this is what we rigged up....



It worked fabulously. And Auria and I got out of dishes by simply pointing out the fact that we built the bathroom. He he he.

I can't wait for the next camping trip.

Frank and I have started working on our backyard....well...to be honest, its mostly been Frank. I have never claimed to enjoy gardening and I think both of us have decided that yardwork is not our forte. There is just so much work to do....it is quite daunting...



And this is Tuck. He is just so darn cute. He was in the process of shaking, but he looks like he is grinning here. What an awesome dog.



What else? Aislinn has been busy with school science projects...this year is "Which molds faster? Bread, cheese or strawberries." She has also been busy with basketball. Aislinn and Mackendra just finished swimming lessons and they are looking forward to the end of school and the beginning of summer up in Prince George with Pau pau and Grandpa.

I did go with Mackendra to "Maplewood Farms" for a school trip yesterday. Remind me not to volunteer for those things again. It was hot, it was kinda boring, and there were way too many kids. But the kids were cute.



Almost as cute as the goats. And they smelled marginally better.


Well...that's about it for now.

Love Tanya

No comments: