Wednesday, April 28, 2010

...about stupid, smaltzy Nicholas Sparks!

It's just past 3:30am. I couldn't sleep. I decided to not fight it and picked up a book to help me fall asleep. Yah...Nicholas Sparks, he of "The Horse Whisperer" and "The Notebook", was not a good pick. First of all, way too easy of a read. I mean, short chapters so you can say, "oh...just one more" and before you know it, its 3:30am in the morning and you are crying the "ugly cry", the one where snot is dripping out of your nose and you have to go to the bathroom mirror just to see how ugly you are. I might have even used some eye drops to alleviate the redness and perhaps some decongestant spray to remove some of the evidence, so that everyone else up at 3:30am wouldn't know I was reading a stupid, smaltzy Nicholas Sparks book.

And besides...I don't read these types of books very often...I'm much more sophisticated than that...most of the time...but now it is past 3:30am and I'm here blogging about it....


Oh yah, this is the book I read...and sobbed over.


"Nights in Rodanthe"

Don't read it...cause its kinda good and it will probably make you cry and look ugly and stay up way later than you should.

Okay...time to try and sleep now.

Love Tanya

No comments: