Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Uncle Alex




The gentleman on the right, sitting there beside Aislinn? That is my Uncle Alex. Actually, he's my Great Uncle. He was my Grandmother's youngest brother. This is the last picture that we took together before he passed away recently. This picture was taken May 2011 on a surprise family trip down to California. We always made time to visit with Uncle Alex and Auntie Ceci. They were some of our favorite people. And the restaurant that we are sitting at? That's our most favorite Dim Sum restaurant in the world! Everytime we go through California, if at all possible, we meet up with Uncle Alex and Auntie Ceci at this restaurant and eat our butts off!

Uncle Alex passed away quite suddenly on October 3, 2011. He is sorely missed by our family. He was the sweetest and gentlest man I have ever met. He was a great piano teacher and both my girls wished that we lived close to him so he could have taught them how to play. Uncle Alex also loved to eat. He had a great appetite for Chinese food and because of that, we got to eat at some of the tastiest Chinese restaurants in and around San Francisco. This last time, at this very restaurant, Uncle Alex convinced Aislinn to eat Fish Eyeballs. EWWWWWWW!!!!

The last time we met, Uncle Alex treated us to a hearing of some of his favorite musicians on his top-of-the-line record player. It was a beautiful evening; sitting around, listening to great music with him.

I hope my Auntie Ceci is doing well. We've only talked once since his passing. She sounded so sad and lonely. I've phoned a few times, but once the phone was busy and the second, I simply left a message. I think we will make another trip down to California and visit Auntie Ceci soon.

We love you, Uncle Alex and we miss you terribly.


No comments: