Thursday, January 5, 2012

Penticton Regional Hospital


So...believe it or not...the powers that be have allowed me to irradiate living, breathing, human beings. I am currently on site at my first of three clinicals. I happen to be learning how to XRAY!!!! people at Penticton Regional Hospital. I am here for 5 months (against my wishes...I had hoped to stay closer to home).

My best friend from high school, Naryn, has graciously allowed me to live with her and her excellent family (Dave...the hubby, Taslyn...the super kid, and Stephen...the live-wire) in Summerland. I only hope we are still friends after these 5 months!!!

I have already completed two full days on the Radiography Department and despite what the other techs are saying....I have not broken any machines! I swear!!! Actually, the unspoken rule at the hospital is: its always the students' fault. They've even let me take some xrays on my own...well sort of...the techs were there to make sure I didn't screw anything up too horribly. So far...I don't think there have been any malpractice lawsuits threatened. So good start to the clinical.

With me in Penticton...that means that Frank is at home with the kids...again...for 5 months....while I get to play "new x-ray tech" here in Penticton. Can I just say that my husband is long-suffering, extremely understanding, completely supportive, and a great man for letting me do this again? I feel incredibly guilty about the entire thing. I hope I can make it up to him somehow.

I miss my kids too. We see each other and talk to each other via Skype each night. In fact, I think I have better conversations with Aislinn this way than face-to-face! But, it just isn't the same. I miss tucking them into bed each night. My only consolation is that my Clinical Instructor scheduled me for 4 day weekends almost every other weekend and it only takes me 4 hours to drive home. So, we all have something to look forward to.

I'll probably do some more blogging now that I have a little time. Stay in touch.

Love Tanya

3 comments:

Dibbs on Gibbs said...

Big Gabey will help with the kids. Big Brother Gabe. I will help out as much as possible. And yes Frank as busy as he is, he does a lot. He is like Superman. HE DOES IT ALL, whew! man. On top of helping me. Congrats and hope to see you soon

Tanya Johnson said...

Hey Gabey, when are you coming? I'm sure Frank would love the help with the kids.

I agree, Frank is like Superman!

Looking forward to seeing you.

Tanya

Purplestamper said...

Hey Friend,

All the best. Miss you and your kids. keep up the great work.

Sheri