Wednesday, August 8, 2012

...The Summer Blahs.

So, I'm sure many of you can relate, at least the parents out there...

I'm in the midst of the "Summer Blahs".  It is that special time of year in which the kids are not in any summer camps and the vacations, for the moment, are over, and yet school has not resumed.  It is that lovely annual moment in which we hear, on constant rewind, "I'm bored!" and "Why do I have to go outside?"

I hate this time of year.  I am constantly yelling and threatening and shoving my kids outside.  "No! you can't stay in your pajamas all day, and No! you can't lie on the couch and watch TV all day!!  Go outside and DO something!"

I have a saying, and I truly believe it...."Only boring people are bored."  If my kids sit there and refuse to use their imaginations, or engage in any meaningful correspondence with another human being, of course they are going to be bored.

I really don't have the time or energy to entertain them all day, everyday.

 "Yes! you have to brush your teeth!!!   No!  Popsicles are not a major food group!   What?!?  No, you have to wear clean underwear, not your bathing suit from yesterday!"

Grrrrr....the Summer Blahs!

Please, please let these last few weeks go fast!



No comments: