Tuesday, December 15, 2009

...a tornado hit it...

Shadup!

That's what I had to tell my little brother this morning as he came upstairs for our weekday morning commute to work together. This was in response to his snarky comment, "your house looks like a tornado hit it."

So, we had company Sunday night. Our lovely friends, The Cabuco's, came for dinner. Yummy sukiyaki! We even found this fabulous tabletop grill that allowed us to stuff our faces with "to-die-for" grilled beef, pork, fish and shrimp while partaking in the heavenly delicious-ness of the regular sukiyaki.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with sukiyaki, here is a picture.



Try not to drool on your keyboard. It is a Japanese dinner that consists of a whole bunch of raw meat and vegetable and noodles that are cooked at the table. And it is a favorite of ours.


Anyways, for this special occassion, the Konig/Johnson family embarked on a massive house-cleaning odyssey, as our house had not been properly cleaned for about 2 months. We vacuumed, we dusted, we did laundry, we threw out trash, we did dishes, we washed the floors, we cleaned window, we cleaned the toilet, we put toys away, did recycling, etc.....we even vacuumed the couch (scary!). Our house smelled and looked beautiful. We even installed a new faucet in our kitchen sink. It was lovely. And it lasted for 1 day.

This Wednesday, my grandparents are coming in from Prince George, they and I are flying to Toronto on Friday. This means we have to make some changes to accomodate their brief stay with us. Mainly, they will be sleeping in Aislinn's room. Which means the bunk bed is gone.



Picture this, but in red. No more!!!

It will be passed on to my sister's kids. In its place will be a brand new Ikea bed (which needed to be put together).

This also meant that Aislinn's room had to be "de-junkified". Man that kid collects a lot of crap! So, everything came out of her room, and it ended up in my living room. My previously, clean living room. We didn't finish our task last night, and this is what prompted my little brother to utter those heinous words this morning. I was not amused. Yes, my house looked like my girl's bedroom threwup all over it. But it will be taken care of tonight.

Mama and Kong kong will arrive to see a sparkling clean and well put together dwelling. Something that will make me proud. And they will sleep the sleep of innocents in their new bed and linens.

And I will tell Aislinn that if she ever thinks again about keeping 3 broken backpacks, schoolwork from 3 years ago, 6 balls, and clothes that haven't fit her since she was a size kids 8 in her bedroom that she will be disowned. Seriously!!!!

Frank calls it "packrat-itis" and he says that she gets it from me. Whatever.

Love Tanya

No comments: