Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dying of a horrible disease...

I think I'm dying.


Frank tells me that I like sympathy, and I do. I like knowing that people care if I am doing well or not. Anyways, my particular terminal disorder is called "a sinus infection that is dripping down the back of your throat and causing a lot of irritation and coughing. The start of bronchitis." That is verbatim from the nurse practitioner on campus here in Glenville State College. I had a temperature though! And my body feels as if it has been hit by a truck. So it is much worse than she made it sound. So, after filling out pages of paperwork, and waiting for my perscriptions to be filled, I am once again filled with hope. I hope that I survive my bout with tuberculosis (that is what I am calling my disease, it's easier to explain and people feel really sorry for me). I didn't even get to miss any classes, Tuesdays are my day off. You should really feel bad for me now. Anyways, here is a picture of the drugs that I am taking to try and prolong my wretched life...

Mom, do you see the Chinese Laryngitis pills? Well, apparently I have bronchitis, not laryngitis. But I will continue to take the pills. I figure, the more drugs, the better.

So, my question to you, dear reader...what do you do when you get sick? Do you crawl into your ugliest sweats (like me), hole up in your room (like me), sleep more than you should (like me) and basically feel as if you are dying (like me)? How bad does it have to be before you go see the doctor? Do you finish your prescriptions?

Well, I think another wave of tuberculosis is coming on. I will be lying here in my bed, slowly wasting away. If you visit, please pick up a face mask at the front desk (the management) and visit the decontamination unit once you leave.

If I live, I will post again soon.


Love Tanya

3 comments:

Your Daily Laughter said...

Tanya.. I've never seen so many pills. Well, maybe I have. But geesh, that's a lot of medications.

Mary Sue said...

OH GEEZ...My 6th sense was kicking in today, and for some reason the thought of you kept coming up in my mind....Like, I was thinking "hmmm...I haven't seen Tanya all day...where could she be?"...Then, I asked Alli if she saw you, and of course she said "no". I had one of my instinctive feelings that something weird was up.
Anywho, I would go check up on you, but it's 11:19, and I'll bet you're asleep. Besides, being an education major, I can't be exposed to your "tuberculosis"... I'll come see if you're alive tomorrow.
So...what do I do when I get sick? I crawl into my ugliest sweats and sleep all day...I learned the hard way that sleeping it off is the best thing to do after I collapsed on the football field last year during a pre-game show. I thought that I would be able to participate with marching band... I was running a fever of 104 F, which is 40 degrees Celsius (had to look that conversion up...). I remember sweating so much that I woke up and literally thought I wet myself. That bout of illness with the high fevers lasted for about 3 days, and I probably should have been hospitalized. I would say that if you get that sick, Alli and I will drag you to the hospital, even if it's against your will. :)

Natasha said...

Sounds like you have some great friends there!! Man...I totally forgot about the Laryngitis pills!! I could have used some of those this past week!! Although...if I did...I wouldn't have this sexy Demi Moore voice going on here...at least that's what I'm calling it!! LOL:)
You're lucky enough to be away from kids and a husband while you're sick...at least you can sleep all you want. Me? Not so lucky...because it doesn't matter how sick the wife gets...the hubby still expects you to take care of the kiddos and make dinner. Him, on the other hand? Turns back into a little kid with the flu!!
Hope you're feeling better soon...if it was anything like mine...a week, and you'll have a sexy voice too!!!