Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Things you think about while dying of tuberculosis...


1. I did not know that I could produce so much snot. This roll of toilet paper was one of those "triple roll" ones. I have used this since about 11:00 this morning and I am now down to less than a "single roll" roll should be. I have had to take out my garbage because it was so full of used tissues. The reason I use toilet paper instead of tissue paper? 'Cause the tissue paper is for company!

2. Cafeteria food isn't any better when your taste buds are on vacation.

3. Is it kinda gross that you sweat so much, but you just don't care anymore? I did put on new deodorant.

4. Should I be worried when the bottle says "2 or 3 sprays in each nostril not more often than every 10 to 12 hours. Do not exceed 2 doses in any 24-hour period" and I am past my 9 day maximum in just 8 hours?

5. Being awake for only 4 hours in one day still means that you were productive right?

6. Why don't they just make better drugs?!?

7. I hate being sick, I hate being sick, I hate being sick, I hate being sick, I hate being sick, I hate being sick, I hate being sick, I hate being sick, I hate being sick, I hate being sick, I hate being sick...

8. I miss my Mom. I miss my husband. I miss my kids. I missed my classes. Darn!

9. I think I am running out of things to blog about. Nobody wants to hear about you lying and dying in your room of tuberculosis. Are you crazy? Yes! Who said that?!?

10. You are going to have to get a new "triple roll" soon.

Anyways, I'm still here. Barely.

Love Tanya

3 comments:

Purplestamper said...

Hey Tanya,

I have a cold too so I am giving you some sympathy, and empathy. Dear Aislinn isn't well either...she was going to have a NAP before Basketball tonight. I hear FRANK doesn't get sick....one tough daddy. Anyway love your posts too much for you to DIE so keep on going...I like to shut the world out when i am sick. Thinking of you...way up here in Canada. Much love, Sheri

Tanya Johnson said...

Hi Sheri. Thanks for the love. Actually, I'm on my way back to the land of the living. Yes, Frank seldom gets sick. Its annoying. Hope you get better as well.

Natasha said...

Ahhh Tanya...at least you can still make your sister laugh when you are sick as a dog!!
Hope you're feeling better soon...I'm loosing my sexy Demi Moore voice:(