Friday, February 20, 2009

The Land of the Living...


I am back!

I don't know many people who have survived tuberculosis (are you tired of hearing about it? Sorry, I think the joke is old too. I'll stop).

I'm almost back to normal. I feel ever so much better. Apparently, there has been a couple different illness going around our little campus. One of my friends ended up in the hospital because he needed to get two I.V.'s he had lost so much fluid. But people are on the mend.

So, here is a big, fat, juicy one for all my friends who sent their "get well's"...


Sorry. I didn't know I looked like that when I puckered up. No one has ever complained before. Sheesh...its a miracle I ever got married.

I went to a play this evening. It was our college's rendition of Tennessee William's "The Glass Menagerie". It was quite good. I really enjoyed it. And...one of my friends had a lead role in it and she totally rocked! She hadn't even told me she was in the play, so that was a very pleasant surprised. After the first, slightly depressing play, there was a spoof on the same play that was he-he-he-larious!!! I had tears in my eyes and was holding my stomach from laughing so hard. I will definitely be attending more events such as this in the future.

So. It is Friday night and I am a little bored. Everyone leaves to go home on weekends here. The town becomes very quiet. I've already talked to my family and they are busy watching videos and just being a family. I miss them. I don't really have any plans for the weekend. Just some homework and more recovery from my illness.

In 15 days I will be home for Spring Break. Woot woot!!!!

Until later,

Love Tanya

4 comments:

Purplestamper said...

Hey Tanya,

So glad you are feeling better. Missing you and your smiles...Can't wait to see you when you are home...i will get to see you right...hope so...keep up the smashing good job...talk to you soon....sheri

Natasha said...

Hey big sis!!
So glad to hear that you are feeling better...and you look Mah-va-lous!!!
These last 2 weeks will fly by!!
Ting

Mary Sue said...

I'm glad to see that you're doing much better. I'm sure Alli told you all about my ailments...I ended up in the hospital again yesterday, at which they did more tests and said that it might be kidney stones. I could have told them that. I was actually expecting them to do something more than just shoot dopamine into my arm. I believe I recieved 2 doses of IV pain meds over the course of 4 hours on Saturday morning. My last memory of yesterday was of sitting in the ER waiting room while Mom went to pull the car around. I fell asleep sitting straight up. I finally woke up about an hour ago and had to look at my cell phone to see what day it was. I think it might be Sunday??? Anyways, I've been drinking lots of juice in an attempt to pass my possible kidney stones... Now I have a more legitimate reason to why I hate hospitals.

Tanya Johnson said...

Mary Sue! Alli did tell me that you had been taken to the hospital and that you were ok and resting at home. Now you tell me you had to go back to hospital?!? Girl...I know how it feels, sitting in the the hospital in pain wishing someone would just make it all go away. Kidney stones huh? Lovely. Please get better soon. We miss your smiling face in "Slim Pickens". Take care.

Love Tanya