Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Love Makes You Crazy...Its a Theory I'm Working On...

So, on Monday night, at 8 pm, I decided to drive four hours to Dayton, Ohio to see Frank. I knew he would have to leave the next morning for his work at 7:30, and that I would be very tired by the time I reached him at midnight, but I did it anyways. I also knew that I would have to drive the four hours back the next morning. And still...I did it anyways. I didn't tell him I was coming, I called him on the road. He couldn't stop me...he tried. Anyways, it was really nice to see him and I felt all teenage-ry, and stupid, and like I was back in highschool. What I want to know from all my friends...is what have you done in the name of love? It can be stupid, or incredibly romantic, or hilarious, or insane and please include the outcomes. How was your gesture received? Did it go over well or was it a bomb? Knowing what you know now, would you do it again? Or, if you like, you can tell us about what someone did for you in the throws of passion.

On a completely different note...I only have 2 weeks left! Graduation is on May 9th and I am so ready to come home. Someone asked me today if I would miss Glenville. I told him no...he looked disappointed, so I hastened to reassure him that I would desparately miss my friends, but that I would not miss Glenville...much. I will miss my independence. I will miss just being Tanya. I don't know if that makes sense. At home, I am mother, wife, coach, employee, sister, daughter, granddaughter, aunt and friend. Here...I am Tanya, the student. That is a pretty simple thing to be. I know it is going to take some adjustments on my part, and on the part of my family. I have been away long enough for them to be used to me not being there. I hope it isn't too rough though. During Spring Break, it took me 3 days to get back into being a Mom. It was actually quite humerous how pathetic I was the first 2 days. I didn't cook any meals, I decided not to take the kids to school and I got a headache trying to stop the kids from fighting with each other. I confess I was sort of looking forward to heading back to school. Weird huh? I know doing this "back to school" thing has caused me to grow as a person. I feel much more confident and sure of myself. It has been a very hard thing to be away from home, but I grew to appreciate what was given to me, this opportunity to finish something.

Well, its off to bed. I will hopefully post again very soon. I have some pictures I want to share with all of you.

Love you,
Tanya

2 comments:

Auria said...

Ha! I know what you mean about the simplicity of being just yourself. This past week, I've had to be girlfriend, student, Auntie, and as Mackendra sais this morning, I apparently make a "good mommy". And as happy as I am to help you guys out, and as much as I love these kids, it's exhausting. Definitely a very good form of birth control!
So you probably know this one already, but "in the name of love", your brother once made the last minute decision to come visit me after he had moved down here. I told him not to dare even mention it if he wasn't going to come for sure, but he swore he was. So I got everything ready the next day, and I get a call from him that his roommate was too drunk and they couldn't make it. I was so mad I hung up on him. Turns out that he just wanted to surprise me with flowers, but I was so mad that he booked it to my house (from your parents') as fast as possible cuz he knew he was in trouble.

Anonymous said...

When was the part when you forgot your purse?