Tuesday, May 19, 2009

..some pics of graduation...

Hello Friends and Family,

People have been asking, so I will deliver...

The lighting in the gym was pretty dark so all the pictures from the actual ceremony need some work with Photoshop. But here is a smattering of pictures from after graduation.

The girls were so proud of their Mom!

Daryl (fellow graduate), Mackendra (small one), Me, Devon and Mary Sue (awesome friends). Psst...nice t-shirt Devon.

I think I had some of the best friends. Several of them left school, then drove backto watch me walk. Others had to stay to play in the band and sing in the choir at the convocation, but assured me that they would have come anyways. And others had their knee scoped the day before and hobbled to the gym to celebrate with me. This is Sara(h) (and omg! I don't know if her name has a "h" at the end of it or not!!! Sorry!)


Two of my awesome professors...Dr. Lisa Castle and Dr. Sara Sawyer (I know this Sara doesn't have an "h" in her first name).

By the way...I wore that hat for as long as I could...through lunch, through packing up, through the sad goodbyes to my friends, and through about 1/2 and hour of driving, but then I had to take it off because the corner of it kept hitting the back of the car seat and it was getting annoying. I figured that I had waited long enough and sacrificed so much and worked so hard for that hat that I was going to wear it for as long as a darn well wanted!


Final goodbyes.... Lindsey, Devon, Me, Johanna, Mary Sue, and Alli. Thank you for being there. I miss all of you (sorry....y'all).


Even these guys...these guys are Matt and Josh and I met them about 2 weeks before graduation, and I am very sorry that I didn't meet them sooner. We became fast friends and they also came to see me walk...at least that is what they told me...and I chose to believe them. Hi guys!

You know what I just noticed? My eyes look shut in all these pictures....that happens when I smile really hard. And I was smiling...really hard. It was a good day.

Oh yeah...I received my degree in the mail today. This was a good day too. I showed Aislinn and told her that this was a very expensive piece of paper. But that it was a very important paper and almost worth every penny. I'm on the lookout for a good frame now.

Well...talk to you later.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Awww...the kids look SO happy to finally be back with you!! You deserved to wear that hat as long as you could!! You worked hard enough for it!! I can't wait to see you...let me know if you are heading down here July 4th...I think I might be able to find someone to cover for me, if not, then we might have to do something like last year. But I'm pretty sure that I don't work the day before or after...maybe, then you could take all my kids up with you!!! LOL!! Just joking...that would be crazy!