Sunday, May 3, 2009

Graduating Update:

So...those orals that I was all freaked out about...

I totally rocked them!

It was really strange, I was totally calm and not nervous at all. I answered all their questions, made a few mistakes but was able to recover, and about half way through the process, found that I was actually enjoying myself. Because I was the first student to go through the orals and that by 5 days, my prof said that she would let me know right away how I did. So, as soon as I was done, I asked when I would know and whether they needed any time to talk. They just laughed and said that I passed, they didn't need to talk. In fact, about half way through, I heard one prof lean over to the other prof and say that she was running out of questions for me. She had told us in class that they typically only asked about 3-4 questions and that that would take up the entire hour. Well, they asked me over 10 questions. I just knew my stuff and the talk flowed from subject to subject. As soon as it was done, it was like..."is that all?" It was a little anticlimatic. But it was great to have it over and done with. Now, everything is downhill. I have four piddly final exams to write and then Frank and the kids will be here and I will be walking to receive my degree. I will close this chapter of my life and move on to the next.

Anyways, those four piddly exams??? I still have to go study for them. I will post again soon.

Love everyone.

Tanya

3 comments:

Michelle Burton said...

Congrats on getting the oral part out of the way. I'm totally not surprised that you rocked on them! We are so alike .. I too would have volunteered to go first and get them over and done with :) Hope those last few hurdles go well and I look forward to seeing you soon. You know that you guys are camping with us up at Alice Lake in June? Should be a blast! See you soon ...

Auria said...

Congratulations Mama! We all knew you'd fly right through it. Good luck on the rest of your exams (not that you need it), and we'll see you in a couple weeks. By the way, Darren and I were thinking of some sort of celebratory gift in light of your soon to be accomplishment... any ideas (keep in mind we have a low budget!)? Can't wait till you get home! See you soon!

Mary Sue said...

AHHHH! Miss you already! That was the roughest goodbye ever! I thought I got all of my emotions out when I was playing Holst as everyone marched out, but apparently not...Anywho, I'm going to plan to visit you during the summer of 2010...I guess this summer is probably too short noticed to get a passport and some cash saved up before my job starts in June. If I fly out west, I'm probably going to make a stop in Mesa, AZ to visit my aunt... I'll ttyl :)