Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Blah Kind of Day...


So...the above picture is what I am daydreaming about. I would so much rather be on the French Riveria right now.


I would be kicking back, resting my feet on the deck of my yacht, drinking a nice glass (or two) of excellent French red wine and just enjoying life.

I wouldn't have a care in the world and I wouldn't be stuck in a lousy prison room that they dare to call a dorm room, here in Glenville...


I don't know what it is...maybe the crazy cold, dreary, gray weather we are experiencing right now, or the fact that I can see the end, but it is still a long way off...but I am having trouble staying motivated. I know my last post seemed all giddy and I was excited about science, but that was yesterday, and today, I am by myself, in my prison room, trying to study for a Genetics test. I look at the list of homework that I need to complete and I just want to crawl into my bed and sleep for a week.

I would so much rather be doing this...

That's me, living it up in Paris.

Or this...


That's us skiing.

Instead, its this...
(This was taken before I unpacked, but it give you an idea of my dorm room)

And this...


It really has been a blah kind of day. I hope tomorrow is better.

I miss everyone.

Love Tanya

4 comments:

Auria said...

Yup! Those walls could definitely use some colour! We miss you too! Somehow I feel outnumbered visiting without you there. It's just Frank and Darren, it's two to one! It's just not the same there without you!
So MacKendra (of course) said the weirdest thing yesterday, and now I'm not going to do it justice because I can't remember exactly how she put it, but she got all excited to watch one of the movies we brought over and she said, "Funky! Chunky! Hunky! Hot!" (Yup, that was it). But it wasn't just that that's the most random thing to say in the world when you get excited, but she did it with this ghetto sorta tone and movement to it. Almost like a dance. She did the shoulder roll and just said it was so much attitude! Frank, Darren and I all looked at eachother and started laughing! It was so random and hilarious!
When do you come home again? I'm also jealous you're going to Hawaii! (Just thought I'd put that in there.)
Yesterday, we took some business shots for Frank, and since I had the lights up, we did a couple shots of Aislinn too. Hopefully I'll upload them to the website by Wednesday so you can take a look. Some of them are pretty funny! Your kids crack me up! Good luck with school though, and I should get started on some of my own assignments! Muwah!

Tanya Johnson said...

OMG! I totally wish I was back home with y'all. (Especially since WV is slowly assimilating me...at least verbally). Funky! Chunky! Hunky! Hot!?! Hmmm...that's a new one. That made me laugh and I wasn't even there! Can't wait to see the pictures. Commencement (which is a weird name for it, since I am actually "de-commencing" undergraduate school) is on May 9th so I should be home sometime shortly after that. Yup...Hawaii...I just like saying it too.

Love Tanya

Purplestamper said...

Hawaii...you lucky lucky girl...now between that and home you have loads of motivation...so get up, brush yourself off and get to it girl. Missing you here. Sheri

Natasha said...

Wait!! What's this about Hawai'i? And why haven't I been involved?! Those walls of yours definitely need some splash of colour!! Maybe you should print out some pics or your LOs and put them up!! Maybe you should make a big mural of Paris!! I love ya!! Stay strong..you are almost there!!