Sunday, March 1, 2009

Less than a week....


Oh my goodness! Holy cow!

People...in less than one week, I will be back in Canada! I can barely contain my excitement.

Here is a list of what I plan to do (in no particular order):

1. Kiss my husband.
2. Kiss my kids, and hug them and kiss them and hug them and kiss them and then give them heck for not cleaning up their bedrooms.
3. Hug my dog. He's soooooo cute and he's been so confused lately. He sees me and hears me on Skype but I'm not there. He spends all his time looking under the computer desk for me.
4. Eat sushi. Lots of it. I want to go into sushi overload.
5. Sleep in my bed. Right now my bed is two twins pushed together and no matter how you lie, you can always tell it is two twins pushed together and not my "most wonderful king size bed" back home.
6. Listen to people talk without a West Virginian accent. I think I will just call all my friends just to hear them talk. I am deathly afraid that they will notice that I have picked up some of the accent. But not too much. Two people caught me saying "Eh?" recently. They pointed it out. Yah!
7. Visit my parents and grandparents up in Prince George. My kids have Spring Break the week after me so I am flying with them up to Prince George to stay with my family. I can't wait for Mama's cooking!
8. Eat some chinese vegetables! Yum.
9. Watch hockey. I didn't think I would miss something like that, but, strangely I did. All I ever see down here are highlights on ESPN. Then it is football and basketball all the time.
10. Catch up on "House". I haven't watched a single episode this year and I have felt that very keenly. I need me some grouchy House!
11. Kiss my husband some more. He's really cute too and he understands that I haven't been hiding under the computer desk for two months.

Then its back on a plane, back to homework deadlines and horrible, evil comprehensive oral exams. But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Yes I can. As soon as I get back, things are going to shift into overdrive and I am going to see the time fly by. And then....and then, my friends....I will be home for good. I will have a paper saying I came, I conquered, I am victorious! And then the rest of my life will be before me and I won't have to look back anymore and say..."if only".

Less than a week....

Love Tanya

4 comments:

Auria said...

Ha ha. You're funny! We'll have to get together when you get back if there's time. Maybe get dressed up and do dinner or something; feel civilized. I didn't work for a week and barely left my house (during reading break); thus, working this weekend was like being in the real world again! It was nice, even though it was work. It'd be even better to do it with friends and not work! Can't wait till you get home!

Tanya Johnson said...

We are so getting gussied up and hitting the town when I get back! Stilettos and cleavage all the way!!!!

Purplestamper said...

Hey Tanya,
So happy for you and your upcoming visit. I did hear that you will only have a short time with your cute husband...so make the most of it. Super proud of you accomplishments. Keep up the great work and the blog is great. hope to see you for a little bit when you are home. Much love, Sheri

Mary Sue said...

Thanks for number 6...Haha. I keep catching myself saying "eh?", just so you know... I'm not sure how long it will take me to get that out of my system, eh.

I have a TV. I think I get a channel that broadcasts "House". I think it's hilarious, but I don't watch religiously or anything. Alli watches it too.

Yuck. Sushi. I've never eaten sushi, but the thought of raw fish does not roll over well with me. I could go for some Chinese vegetables...

67 days until graduation....